• Facebook
  • in

Who can apply to the Court?

If a resolution by negotiation, mediation or family dispute resolution (FDR) is not possible or has not achieved an outcome, then the Family Court or Federal Circuit Court is available to assist you. It is compulsory in most parenting matters that FDR occurs before any application is made to the Court. It is not only the parents of a child that may apply to the Court. The jurisdiction of the Court is open to applications from:-

  • either or both of a child’s parents;
  • a child;
  • a grandparent of a child;
  • any other person concerned with the care, welfare and development of a child.

Parry Coates Family Law are available to assist you with your application and attend with you at all Court events. We are committed to ensuring your journey after separation is focussed on you and your family. We will reassure you that your different direction will lead to new beginnings.


More testimonials...

Talk to us today

Contact us today to discuss your situation and get expert advice from one of our specialist family lawyers in Brisbane.


Fact Sheets

Useful information about the processes and procedures of Family Law and how it may impact your circumstances.


Your first appointment

We're here to help put your mind at ease. Find out what to expect in your first appointment with Parry Coates.