Each May, Queensland marks Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Month to raise community awareness and to send a clear message that domestic and family violence in families and homes will not be tolerated. The arrival of COVID-19 and the restrictions placed on our lives has meant that, now more than ever, it is important to …Read More
Posted On: 6 May
Posted On: 14 April
In the midst of a global epidemic, there are growing restrictions on our day to day activities and we are being asked to stay home to save the lives of others. Understandably, separated parents are becoming increasingly concerned about the movement of children between their households. In Queensland, and in many other states we already …Read More
Posted On: 2 April
We are in the midst of a global pandemic with the share market at an all-time low, our Australian dollar historically low and the property market expected to fall up to 20%. If you are going through a property settlement, you may be increasingly worried about what this means especially where you were perhaps negotiating …Read More
Posted On: 19 March
We are in unchartered waters at present when it comes to dealing with Coronavirus (COVID-19) and managing shared custody, and also wanting to protect your children. We understand that parents with share parenting arrangements may feel torn between complying with Court Orders and limiting the movement of children, potentially breaching that Order. First and foremost, …Read More
Posted On: 13 February
With a boardroom that seats up to 8 people and two additional break out rooms, together with printing facilities and tea and coffee on arrival, we will ensure the parties’ needs are covered at our Mediation Centre at Parry Coates Family Law. Contact us today on (07) 3532 3826 to make your booking at our …Read More
With Valentine’s Day this Friday, whether you are planning a quiet Friday night in or going out for dinner, finish your night with a special dessert to end the evening on a high note with this super easy, red velvet cupcake recipe. I always thought the red velvet cupcake was the more time intensive and …Read More
It is important when engaging a family lawyer to choose the right family lawyer to assist you with the challenging personal circumstances that follow a separation from a spouse. Not only is choosing someone with expertise invaluable, it is important to choose a family lawyer that you can work well and form a good working …Read More
We invite you to get to know Lauren Finlayson, special counsel, and newest member of the Parry Coates Family Law team in Brisbane, Queensland. Lauren has practiced almost exclusively in family law since her admission. Her tertiary qualifications include a Bachelor of Laws and Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice. She is also a trained Collaborative …Read More
- Pre-action procedures – what do I need to do before filing in the Federal Circuit and Family Court for property disputes?
- How do I apply for parenting Orders? Pre-action procedures for parenting cases
- Separation and Divorce – how is my business value calculated?
- Child support after Divorce
- We can’t agree on a school for our child? Who gets to decide?
- Separation During the Christmas Holidays – What do I do first
- Divorce and Surviving the Christmas School Holidays
- Life After Separation – Part 10 Dividing the assets and selling the family home
- Life After Separation – Part 9 Blended Families
- Life After Separation – Part 8 Paying child support and other expenses for your children after separation