Family Lawyer – Rebecca Parry
After more than 16 years as an employed family lawyer, in February 2016 I made a choice taking me in a ‘Different Direction’ and a ‘New Beginning’. This different direction and new beginning saw the creation of Parry Coates Family Law. Why?
- Family law is what I do, what I’ve always done. I believe I’m good at it
- Allows me to manage my law practice where the most important person is the client
- Allows me to service clients in a cost effective manner
- Enables us to work as a team during the family law process
- Offers flexibility – it is important for our children to have their family available for them when they need us most
- Commitment – teaching our children the importance of commitment and hard work
If I am being honest, which is an important value in my day to day practice, and life, I really didn’t like school, nor did I pay attention. However, there was one poet and one poem which has stayed with me in the 20-something years since high school.
The Road Not Taken
This poem has more meaning to me and Parry Coates Family Law than it ever has before:
“Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.” Robert Frost
For many clients, the breakdown of a relationship is a ‘road not taken’. The path to a lawyer may also be foreign. Whilst we cannot take away the emotional hurt as a result of separation, we can be your driving instructor, being there to educate you about your family law matter.
Family Law Advice
I am a mother, step-mother, daughter, sister and partner. I’ve been married (and divorced) and remain good friends with my ex-husband, who is the father of my daughter. I understand the challenges of a blended family and what ‘true co-parenting’ looks like.
As a family lawyer, it is my responsibility and duty to ensure that all clients receive honest and practical advice. There is one common theme with the feedback I receive from clients – the advice given is direct and compassionate.
In 2015, I became a Nationally Accredited Mediator. I remain interested and committed to an alternative method of resolving disputes. A mediated solution provides certainty for each party and allows them an element of control over their agreement. As a mediator, the facilitative method of mediation is implemented. Parties explore their concerns and issues, discuss solutions, leading to a resolution.
- Family Law Practitioners Associated (QLD)
- Queensland Law Society
- Business Networking International (BNI)
- Bachelor of Laws
- Accredited Mediator
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
- Collaborative Lawyer
- 2020 Doyles Guide Recommended Parenting & Children’s Matters Lawyer
- 2020 Doyles Guide Recommended Family Lawyer
- 2019 Doyles Guide Recommended Parenting & Children’s Matters Lawyer
- 2019 Doyles Guide Recommended Family Lawyer
- 2018 QLS Finalist – Equity and Diversity in a Small Legal Practice
- 2018 Doyles Guide Recommended Parenting & Children’s Matters Lawyer
Visit the Doyles Guide website.
“Thank you both for being firm, caring and keeping me realistic and focused during my difficult time. I know without you both I would not have done so well!”
“Parry Coates made my settlement much easier than I thought it could be and I was very comfortable with the final outcome. Your communication throughout the process was fantastic, with no false promises, simply what should and would happen.
"Rebecca is very professional and understanding. Her experience in family law gives you confidence and support during a very difficult time. I highly recommend her."