The Full Court of the Family Court of Australia in the matter of Grady & Chilcott (2020) recently considered whether the de facto wife of an 8-year de facto relationship, was entitled to receive a property settlement from her former de facto husband. Whilst you might think that being in a relationship for a period …Read More
Posted On: 3 September
Posted On: 17 August
Are property and assets split equally? When couples separate, the division of property, assets and liabilities is one of the main issues to be considered. A common misconception surrounding this process is that everything is split 50/50. There is no rule in family law property matters stating that assets and property should be shared equally, …Read More
Posted On: 2 April
We are in the midst of a global pandemic with the share market at an all-time low, our Australian dollar historically low and the property market expected to fall up to 20%. If you are going through a property settlement, you may be increasingly worried about what this means especially where you were perhaps negotiating …Read More
- Rebecca Parry – Mediator and FDR Practitioner
- Getting to know us – Pets of Parry Coates
- Recipe – Asparagus and Goats Cheese Tarts
- Who gets to keep the dog?
- We were in a de facto relationship, I’m entitled to half, aren’t I?
- Divorce in Australia – Who gets what?
- Recipe: Pork and Fennel Ragu*
- What is Child Support?
- Parry Coates Mediation Rooms
- Getting to Know Us: Belinda Staples