Family Lawyer – Lauren Finlayson
I have practiced almost exclusively in family law since my admission in May 2010.
My passion for family law is based on a desire to guide clients through one of the most difficult times in their lives, and to help identify and achieve what is most important to them in the process.
Being part of a blended family and a step-mother myself, I understand the challenges of a blended family and the difficulties faced by parents and children in developing and maintaining a long term, co-parenting relationship.
I am dedicated to understanding each client’s unique needs and family dynamics, in order to provide tailored, straightforward and commercial advice. I work closely with client’s trusted advisors and other experts, including accountants, commercial and tax lawyers and financial planners, to ensure my clients receive the wholistic advice they need.
I am known to my clients as a trusted advisor, who cares deeply and takes a calm, considered and pragmatic approach to all situations.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with family, lifting heavy things and competing in fitness competitions and travelling far and wide.
Lauren’s tertiary qualifications include a Bachelor of Laws and Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice. She is also a trained Collaborative Law Practitioner and Parenting Coordinator.
Lauren has extensive technical knowledge and experience across all areas of family law, alternative dispute resolution and litigation. Her practice is primarily in Family Law, including:
- Pre-relationship and pre-separation advice, including Financial Agreements;
- Property settlements, including matters involving complex business interests or property structures;
- Parenting arrangements, including matters involving allegations of risk and relocation;
- Domestic violence matters;
- De facto relationships, including same sex relationships and Divorce;
- Matters involving deceased estates, having previously practiced in the area of Wills & Estate Administration.
- Queensland Law Society
- Family Law Practitioners Association
- Queensland Association of Collaborative Practitioners
- Business Networking International
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons.)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Collaboratively Trained Practitioner
- Trained Parenting Coordinator
- Pre-relationship or pre-separation advice, including Financial Agreements
- Property settlement, including matters involving complex business interests or property structures
- Parenting matters, including matters involving allegations of risk or relocation
- Same sex relationships
- Domestic Violence
- Litigation in property, parenting and domestic violence matters.
“Thank you both for being firm, caring and keeping me realistic and focused during my difficult time. I know without you both I would not have done so well!”
“Parry Coates made my settlement much easier than I thought it could be and I was very comfortable with the final outcome. Your communication throughout the process was fantastic, with no false promises, simply what should and would happen.
"Rebecca is very professional and understanding. Her experience in family law gives you confidence and support during a very difficult time. I highly recommend her."